Five Ways to Start Moving
Information provided by the American Dietetic Association: Your Link to Nutrition & Health
Do you find it difficult to fit 30 minutes of physical activity into your life every day? It can be done.
Even with a busy lifestyle, you can boost your activity level. These everyday activities can count toward your day's total if they're done with moderate intensity and most take little, if any, extra time.
• Get up 30 minutes earlier in the morning and take a brisk walk to start your day.
• Forget the drive-through car wash. Wash the car yourself. You'll save money at the same time.
• Do some backyard gardening. Try growing fresh vegetables and herbs.
• Push your lawn mower instead of using the power-assisted drive.
• Play actively with your kids, grandchildren or pets. Some dogs like to play Frisbee as much as kids do.