Eating Right While On Vacation
Information provided by the American Dietetic Association: Your Link to Nutrition & Health
Summer vacations are a time for relaxation, revitalization and the freedom to do whatever you want.
While vacations may be a time to kick back and relax, they don't qualify as an excuse to blow your healthy-eating efforts.
Enjoy your vacation by following these tips:
• Sample small amounts of high-calorie foods.
• Share large portions.
• Space meals throughout the day.
• Monitor your alcohol intake, since it can lead to overeating.
• Enjoy snacks from a plate, rather than from the box.
• Engage in some type of physical activity most days.
If maintaining a healthy lifestyle is difficult when you are on vacation, don't fret. Just get back on track when you return home to your regular routine.