Five Ways to Enjoy More Fruits and Vegetables
Information provided by the American Dietetic Association: Your Link to Nutrition & Health
1. Wake up to fruit! Make a habit of drinking juice or complementing cereal, yogurt or pancakes with sliced or dried fruit.
2. Try some "grate" ways. Add grated, shredded or chopped vegetables, such as zucchini, spinach and carrots to lasagna, meatloaf, mashed potatoes or pasta dishes.
3. "Sandwich" in fruits and vegetables. Add pizzazz to sandwiches by including sliced pineapple, apple, peppers, cucumbers or tomato as fillings.
4. Get creative with pizza. Order or make it "deluxe" with vegetable toppings: broccoli, carrot shreds, thinly sliced zucchini, chopped spinach, red and green bell pepper strips, chopped tomato or any other veggie!
5. Stuff an omelet with veggies. Turn your omelet into a hearty meal with crisp, tasty vegetables like broccoli, squash, carrots, peppers, tomatoes or onions.